Our Ink Stained Heart
Tucson leaves an impression. It doesn't matter if you grew up picking cholla out of your shins or if you just stopped by for few years at the UA, Tucson pens itself on everyone. And, like the tattoos so many of us desert rats bear, we carry our Tucson with us—through the holes in the road, the sweaty summers and that gentrification our commenters love to complain about.
The fact is, Tucson has an ink stained heart—fragile, strong, in love, in pain, but definitely covered in ink. Our ink. It's true, we newspaper folk have ink-stained everything... but Tucson stains souls. We'll show you in this year's Best of Tucson®—that's the theme of our annual guide to all things good and loved in the Old Pueblo.
Fill out your ballot and tell your friends to fill out theirs. We're celebrating Tucson's best and brightest—those institutions and people who have left their mark on the city and the people inside it. This first round of balloting ends June 15, then the finalists will duke it out for all the glory.Rules:
1. One ballot per person, please. We're watching IP addresses, so be honest!
2. Ballots without a full name and an email address or a phone number will be thrown out and NOT counted. We check these things. Really! These email addresses and phone numbers will be used ONLY for ballot-verification purposes. Ballots using fake email addresses or phone numbers will be deleted.
3. You must vote in at least 30 different categories for us to count the ballot. Don't have an opinion on at least 30 categories? Maybe skip voting this time and make a resolution to experience more of Tucson before we vote again next year.
4. If you have no opinion in a category, please LEAVE IT BLANK.
5. Ballot-box stuffing is a no-no. You can do simple campaigning—i.e., put up a sign encouraging readers to vote for you, or you can link from your website to ours—but anything beyond that is forbidden. Any businesses, groups or individuals suspected of stuffing may be disqualified at the discretion of the editor. If you have questions or a tip regarding suspected ballot-box-stuffing, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!